Estee Lauder MUA Application Experience: Face Chart and Purchases

  In my previous post you read about my struggle to get my hands on a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear in a light shade.  It took me several weeks at several counters before I was offered to have the foundation applied to my face by a make-up artist at House of Fraser, Manchester.   I was nervous as I've never had someone else apply make-up on me, though I decided to be brave and go for it as by that point I doubted I'd have any other way of trying before I bought.  I think the MUA's name was Svenska, she was just great, really chatty and she explained every step of what she was doing and why, which I really appreciated. 

She started by removing my make-up, save for my eyes, with Take It Away Make-up Remover Lotion on a cotton pad.  The way she massaged the pad over my face took me by surprise as she was very gentle; this reminded me that I'm much too rough with taking my make-up off!  The formula of the remover felt silky and fresh.

Then onto probably my favourite product of the bunch: Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher.  This was a primer of sorts, shedding the skin of all the dead skin cells to reveal fresh skin that's completely prepped.  The scent was amazing, kind of herbal.

She explained how important it was to still moisturize even if you have very oily skin, then proceeded to apply a small amount of DayWear to the areas of my face that needed it the most.  This was a great tip to see, as I could see I was applying far too much mosituriser over my whole face.  The creme was very fresh and soothing, with a nice cucumber scent.

Now it was foundation crunch time.  She applied the shade Shell 1C0 with a brush that looked fluffy and worn in, unlike the flat foundation brushes I'm used to dealing with.  She took a long time buffing it across my face, taking time to do each area at a time.  Roxy said she'd never seen a colour match on me so good, like it didn't look as if I had anything on!

At this point she said she was going to apply some powder.  I'll admit I thought that was a bit extreme, as I knew that this foundation was full coverage and I didn't want to look caked in make-up.  Though she showed me that despite my oily skin, I actually had dehydrated areas on my face, such as between my eyebrows.  When she showed me in the mirror I couldn't believe it, she was right!  My skin was bumpy and scaly in parts.  She explained that this was a new loose powder she was using on me, called Perfecting Loose Powder and it would make any dry areas on my face disappear.  She tapped some powder into the lid of the container, swirled a fluffy brush around into it and then very lightly dusted it over a few parts of my face.  Honestly, it was like I had new skin!  The luminousity of the powder masked the dryness, plus as the powder was so fine, it didn't jar with the foundation at all.  I was sold, I looked amazing.

To add a bit of life back into me she added some Pure Color Blush in Peach Passion.  I was grinning like the cat who got the cream!  I asked if she could write down everything that she had used on me, which she did on this cool face chart:


 I walked out of HOF feeling like the best version of me, excited to see how the make-up would hold up on me. A few hours later, when nipping into Debenhams to ask for a sample of Shell, by that point I was convinced that it was suitable.  Spurred on by the bonus offer on exclusively at Debenhams, I purchased the DW in Shell 1C0 and the Pure Color Blush in 08 Peach Passion.

 
 

Number 8 is my favourite number, so I like to think that the MUA knew it was the best colour for me! :p
The compact is gorgeous, with gold and clear plastic.  
At 7g, you get a fair amount of colour for the price too.


The brush is soft and applies the colour evenly over the cheek.  I'm glad it's actually useful!
 The colour is a pinky peach, similar to Bobbi Brown Santa Barbara Illuminating Bronzing Powder or Nars Orgasm Blush.

 

With the purchase of an Estee Lauder foundation and an additional product, you got a bonus gift.
The cool/plum colour option makeu-up bag contained:
  • Pure Color Eyeshadow (4) in 01 Pink Flash Shimmer, 67 Lilac Whimsy Satin, 48 Silver Bell Shimmer, 14 Provocative Plum Matte
  • Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner Duo in 01 Blackened Black / 03 Blackened Plum 
  • Pure Colour Lipstick in 82 Pinkberry Creme
plus
  • Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream 5ml
  • DayWear SPF 15 Creme 15ml
  • Sumptuous Extreme Mascara 2.8ml
  • Stress Relief Eye Mask

 

I was particularly pleased that the bonus gift contained the DayWear creme as it had been used on me earlier on.

It took a while to get there but I'm extremely pleased with my Estee Lauder goodies.  If you're curious yourself about Estee Lauder I highly recommend you try them on counter, as of all the brand counters I've ever visited, they have been the most helpful and knowledgeable.

- Kerry :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment