Aesop Control Gel

Since I had used up my Kora Organics Blemish Gel, I was on the hunt for a similar styled 'green beauty' spot treatment that was hopefully more affordable.

A lot of the more natural alternatives to clinical style acne treatments seemed to be tea tree focused, which is an ingredient I'm not so keen on.

When my research led me to Aesop Control Gel, I saw that the tea tree wasn't so potent in it, so my interest was piqued.

I picked it up in the Aesop Boutique on Rue Bonaparte in Paris :)


The Aesop style of packaging gives that crumpled effect when used so although it's cool it was quite hard for me to smooth the tube to take a picture of the ingredients! 


The gel is very thick and may tingle upon application. I found that it needs a few minutes to set before you apply any other products on top of the area.

When I first used it as an targeted spot treatment (just on top of a spot) I found it didn't work so well.  It didn't help any infected areas or calm redness or even help with swelling.  I was so disappointed with it that I nearly binned it!

As I was close to letting go of this product, I figured it didn't really matter if I used too much of it, so I started to slap it on rather generously across larger areas of blemishes.  In doing this I found that it worked a lot better.  I also noticed that it becomes more effective if you use it regularly, but that annoys me as some days I don't really feel like I want/need a spot treatment on!

If you have small pimples then I think this would work well, if you apply it thinly over larger effected areas, but if you suffer from redness and sensitivity with cystic acne then sadly this might not be enough to calm and treat.

I'm still using it as a seal over large and open spots but sadly this control gel doesn't do much controlling for my skin!

- Kerry 



0 comments:

Post a Comment