Mac Lightful C Tinted Cream SPF 30 with Radiance Booster - Extra Light

When I heard that Mac was releasing a tinted cream from it's Lightful range, I was excited, as I've used and liked several of the Lightful skincare products :)



A close up of the ingredients:




How cool is the holographic packaging!?


The cream comes in a squeezy tube.


Do be careful when opening it,
 as even though it isn't as runny as a traditional tinted mosituriser, 
it is still a thin formula by Mac base standards.


It truly is a tinted cream, as it's thicker than a moisturiser but sheerer than the Mac BB Cream.

I chose the lightest shade - Extra Light.


When applied to my face, I thought it may actually be too pale for me, as it went on rather white.
Once it had settled though, the pale yellow colour suited me just fine.


The colour didn't oxidise, which I have had happen with a few different Mac bases before, including the BB cream.

Considering I have very oily skin, the wear of the tinted cream is very good, as even at the end of the day I'm not completely shiny like I usually am.

I've found that for the best staying power, it sits for longer on bare skin.

However, I found that if I was using this base consecutively over a few days, my skin would actually start to dry, possibly due to the high SPF content, so now I just apply moisturiser before hand if I feel like I need it.

I tried applying the cream with a big fluffy brush but the brush was just soaking up the product, so I got a better coverage and a more natural finish by just applying with my fingers.

The description of a 'tinted cream' alludes to a sheer product, but due to the sun screen base, it's got that white opacity to the mix, so the pigmentation is still impressive.

Coverage can be built, but still allow your skin to show through.

The cream smells just like sun cream!

I'm impressed by it's 'all in one'ness: SPF, moisture and colour in one step.

- Kerry



1 comments:

  1. What's the expiry for this product. I have been using one for more than a year and now I feel my skin reacts to it...

    ReplyDelete