Beauty Crush: Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey is one of my favourite contemporary beauty icons.
She manages to look both glamourous and girl-next-door breezy with her beauty look.
I've tried the sixties throw back look on myself, with the cat eye and dark line through the crease, though it can easily look very 'dress-up'.
I prefer when Lana has a more natural face on, as she has very pretty facial features.


Lana's signature scent is Creed's Spring Flower, a very zingy fruity floral scent originally created for Audrey Hepburn.  To me it smells of peach and melon, not all that unique for such an expensive scent, yet what makes it interesting for me is a very green note that smells of wet cut grass.  I like floral smells, yet sometimes the notes can be too yellow or polleny for me, yet this stays the right side of fresh and doesn't mellow out.


Lana's lips are a point of obession for many, so pillowy, even when she doesn't appear to be wearing lipliner or lipstick.  


In interviews, Lana has often said that she likes to use YSL's Rouge Pur Couture in No. 24 Blond Ingenue.
This is a shade I bought after seeing it on a model in Look Magazine last summer.
My lips aren't as naturally full as Lanas, yet when I wear this lipstick, the light opacity and shimmer makes them look huge.  When I pair it with a small bit of lip liner, the result is even more drastic.


I've noticed that Lana's look has got a more grungy edge of late and I can't wait for more beauty inspiration as she starts her Ultraviolence promotion.

- Kerry :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment