Kim Kardashian Pure Honey Gift Set Review

So at the start of the year I was in Debenhams Manchester to pick up a nail varnish I'd bought in the sale.  I should have resisted browsing the beauty section but I had time to kill, plus the store was the quietest I'd ever seen it!  So I had a nose to see what sale gift sets were left, not too many at that point.  I went to smell the Kim Kardashian perfumes and saw that all sizes of Pure Honey were on offer.  I thought it smelt nice, but that I shouldn't be spending £21 for a 30ml bottle that I've only just smelt!  Yet that reasoning was trampled on when I spied this gift set.  Oh the bee ornament!  At just £20 the set was cheaper than the 30ml on it's own, containing 100ml EDP, 100ml body lotion and a fragranced ornament.  Hmm, I'd kind of made a 'don't buy fragrances bigger than 50ml' pact with myself because I own so much perfume, but for that sweet bee I figured I could break the deal: this was pure impulse buying!



The box is shiney gold with honeycomb embossing!




Sweet bee!
I hung it from my curtain railings which are above my bed.  That night all it was all I could smell!  The day after I could certainly noticed it when I walked into my box room.  Then after that I barely noticed it, although I do get a very faint whiff of it every now and again.


I'd had the body lotion and shower gel with Kim Kardashian Signature, but found them awful so binned them.  I wouldn't even know how to describe what was wrong with them, they smelt 'off'.  So I wasn't expecting great things from this body lotion, yet I was pleasantly surprised.  It smelt like the perfume, didn't irritate my skin plus it has a very fine micro silver shimmer.



The bottle is in the same shape as her True Reflection perfume, but with a lovely little bee on it.


Here is Pure Honey sitting proudly on my vanity.

I showed it to Roxy and said 'Doesn't it just smell like childhood?' to which she replied 'It smells like that Body Shop stick, that's why!'  And she was right!  It smells like the Body Shop Ananya solid perfume stick we used to play with when we were little :)

I find the fragrance to be very light in terms of sillage, which is a contrast to the rest of the Kim Kardashian fragrances.  It's wears more like an EDT than an EDP.  I certainly get how some would describe this as animalic, as it develops into a sweet skin scent on me after the initial white flower burst.  I was scared that 'honey' might mean 'yellow pollen' but that's not the case at all, the white flowers are well balanced with the sweetness.  

From what I can tell this scent doesn't seem that popular in the UK, at a guess I'd say because most people who would have bought this perfume probably already owned Marc Jacobs Honey, so didn't bother with this one.  They are completely different though, and I'd say it's as close to wearing honey as you're going to get from a mainstream perfume. I must get an atomiser for this scent, as I'm sure I'll love using it liberally in the summer.

- Kerry :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment