NET-A-PORTER.COM: Peter Pilotto For Target & rms beauty

I'd set a lot of alarms for the Sunday morning launch of Peter Pilotto for Target on net-a-porter.com!
The dress I really wanted, the blue version of the belted dress, wasn't available, so I just went with the Strapless Iris Dress.

I had quite a struggle in deciding what size to order, as the sizing was american.  The feel was that sizing could run small in these Target collabortaions. A US 4, which is the UK 8-10 size I am, seemed like it would be too small going off the product measurements for this particular dress, so I went for a US 6, which should have been equivalent to a UK 10.

I also added rms beauty Raw Coconut Cream onto my order :)





I'm really looking forward to playing with this multi purpose product!


Oh but how my heart sank when I opened the dress: it was MASSIVE!

 
I really liked the feel of the fabric and it was more 'poofy' than I thought, with netting under the skirt.



The tag was a cool origami fold design.

 
I had hoped that my mum would be able to take the dress in for me, however it would have been hard to get the look right as the bodice was so fitted and the skirt so poofy.

I stalked the net-a-porter website, hoping for US 4 to come back into stock.
Less than a week later, one did!  So I immediately rang customer service and had the US 4 put on hold and arranged for DHL to pick up my unwanted size.

The returns service was efficient and free!

When my replacement dress came, it came in a clothes bag this time!  Impressive so far...

 
Until I pulled the dress out, it was hanged on a Balmain hanger totally squiffy: what's that about!?

Sadly this dress was also way too big, so again I waited to see if a US 2 would appear back online.  It took about a week again for one to pop up, so I went through the exchange process once again.

This would be the final attempt, as a US 2 (UK 8) was the smallest size that they sold.  It came, it fit quite well but not quite tight enough around my waist, so paired with the poofy skirt, it made me look a little wider than I was. I seriously don't understand how anyone smaller than a UK 8 managed to wear this dress, as the sizing was so off!

 Disappointed in the fit again, I sent it back for a refund.  At £80, it was too expensive to keep, as I would only ever be able to wear it on a night out or special occasion, plus I wasn't convinced that it was flattering on me. 

- Kerry

0 comments:

Post a Comment