Empties April '14

Feeling proud of all these empties!

 
Bodycare
Liz Earle Bergamot & Ginger Silky Body Lotion sachet: at 15ml this was quite a large sample, good for two full body applications.  It was nice but the scent was too spicy and citrusy for my taste.

Garnier Oil Beauty Lotion sachet x 2: bewteen the two sachets I got three uses.  Very easy to rub in and I like the oily smell.  I ended up purchasing this product in the 400ml pump bottle.

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturisng Lotion sachet: I used this 10ml sachet all up in one go before bed one night. I wasn't a fan at all; it had a strange oaty smell that didn't sit well on me.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-usage Dry Oil 10ml X 2: this was a bit too floral for me to use on my face comfortably, so I'd been using it up as a body oil mostly.  I tried putting some on the ends of my hair and it was grim, the oil penetrated right the way up my hair and the ends were heavy and greasy.  I gave up on using up the second bottle as I'd had it open a while and it didn't seem to agree with my skin.

Lush Charity Pot sample: I'd been given a sample last time I was in Lush, even though I wasn't sold on it the last time I'd sampled it.  It smells of chocolate and geranium to me and I'm not really loving it.

Philosophy Coconut Macaroon Body Butter: I've had this for so long that it has changed scent.  It has gone from the sweet coconut smell to a more baby powder smell.  It also made my skin sweat, so I gave up on this.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Lotion: I'll give this props, it was very cooling and soothing for a mainstream drugstore brand.  I don't think I like smelling of peach so strongly though.

REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Cream: nourishing as it was,  this was another rose product that smelt off on me.


Shower Products
Soap & Glory Flake Away scrub: I liked the consitency, but I'm not sure that the peach smell is my fave.

Philosophy Brown Butter Cookie Shower Gel: I love this, most of the Philosphy gels I've smelt are way too sickly strong but this was sweet in a useable way.

Skincare
The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator: a good generic scrub, with large enough grains to use as a good body scrub too.  I wouldn't buy this again though, as many other drugstroe brands are just as simple.

The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash: didn't see much benefit from this, my face never felt particularly clean or soft or anything after using it.

Lush Celestial Moistriser: love love love this!  It's so gentle on my face and smells like white chocolate.  I'm holding out on buying a full sized pot for now as I know I won't want to use up anything else if I get it!

Tesco Dry Eye Tear Mist: love this because I'm lazy and it's a lot easier than putting drops in your eyes.

I started to use my Decleor toner A Lot more liberally, so I've used up about 50ml in just a month compared to the 50ml I used up in the 3 months prior!
 

Makeup
Dolce & Gabbana The Mascara Coffee: great colour, great look, but then after a week of use it clumped suddenly and became totally unuseable :(

17 Doll'd Up Mascara Brown/Black: this has lastest me way over a year and I've worn it most days.  Not the most stand out formula out there, but I use it as it doesnt irritate my eyes at all, which most mascaras do.

e.l.f. brow gel: another one bites the dust.


Fragrance
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Pele Imp: an exotic fruity and musky oil.

Valentina edp sample: smelt of nothing, instantly forgettable.

See By Chloe edp sample: nice and sweet but very generic.

Rosabotanica edp sample: I hated this on me and that surprised me.  I'd read that it's like a souped up version of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche and on first try I agreed but when I sprayed it onto my body it was flowery in an acidic way.

Philosophy Pure Grace Perfume Oil: a serene scent that's sadly gone too oily and lost it's clean touch.

Balenciaga edp: this used to be my signature scent, though I haven't worn it in over 2 years now as I've moved into warmer scents.  There is about 8ml left in the bottle but it's gone off.


Goals
Last months aim of using up an eye cream was perhaps a little ambitious, especially as I didn't zero in on using just one. I'm making progress with my Estee Lauder Night Repair Eye Cream though.

My goals for May are to use up at least one facial wash, though it's possible I could even finish two or three by the end of the month!
I think I can finish one hand cream, one face cream, Palmers Facial Scrub and Nip + Fab Dry Leg Fix too.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment