Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

I won't harp on too much about the gargantuan push for the newest mascara release from Benefit Cosmetics, as it was hard to miss across the blogosphere and instagram!

An exclusive preview freebie of Roller Lash mascara came with the March issue of Elle UK magazine.


 
Below is my first use of the mascara:


Bare left eye compared to mascara'd right eye.


It did make my eyes look wider and more doll like, with a nice dark pigmentation, but sadly it smudged substantially on me as the day wore on.

I also found that as this is a 'tubing' mascara that coats the lashes, if I didn't get a decent coating of the lashes on my initial application, by the time I'd go to apply a second coat, it would clump.  Even if I didn't go for a full second coat, it was too hard to then spot apply to the areas that I felt needed it.

I think it's better if you apply it carefully, wiggling the wand across the base of the lashes and then just pulling it up through to the tip of the lashes once, so the lashes stay defined without looking too heavy.  Though some might find the plastic wand to be a bit uncomfortable when wiggling at the base of the lashes, as I did.

You can't win them all, Benefit!

- Kerry

0 comments:

Post a Comment