Guerlain Super Aqua-Eye Serum: The Discovery Programme

I was getting tired of the puffy eyed look, so I decided to go hard or go home and get the best eye cream I'd tried so far - the Guerlain Super Aqua-Eye Serum!

Luckily for me, this set was fairly discounted in the feelunique winter sale :)


For the same price as the eye serum alone, this set contains a delxue sample of the face serum and a hydrating sheet mask.








I had managed to make a 1ml sample sachet of this eye serum last me a whole month last year so with that cost per use success in mind, I wasn't afraid of spending a little bit more on a luxe product.  That said, the pump on this bottle dispenses too much product, more than twice what I'd use for both eyes, so it's pretty wasteful.  Sometimes I can get a tiny amount of product out if I gently press on the pump, but it's something to be mindful of.

The dispensing system of the serum is one of the main reasons why I wouldn't repurchase this product again.  I feel it works better at tightening and depuffing the less product you use too.


The facial serum did nothing for me!  
I didn't feel any hydration from this at all, though I figured my oily skintype didn't need it so I passed it on.

Next up: the sheet mask! :s


Such helpful instructions lol.

I saw that the mask was very silicone heavy, which I'm trying my best to avoid in my skincare, but I figured as a once in a blue moon treatment I'd just go for it and use the mask anyway...

SCARY STUFF!


The mask is covered in a very thick creamy gel, in fact there was so much of it in the sachet that you probably could have got another use out of the reside alone!

 It didn't go well for me, as it started feeling tingly, then to a more painful sensation, so I decided it was time to take it off 4 minutes into my 15 minute relaxation!

I'm pretty sure it burned my face, so I had a few days of trying to calm it back down :/ 
So if you have a sensitive skintype I'd definately be cautious with this mask!

- Kerry

0 comments:

Post a Comment